Saturday, March 21, 2009

Coming back

It's a lazy Saturday back here in Missouri. We don't really have any plans for the weekend. I think the weather is supposed to be a bit chilly... I am so ready to plant stuff now that spring is officially here. I LOVE SPRING. It's my favorite season by far. The grass here is greening up, and the daffodils are in bloom. My tulips have come up in the front flower bed, but not enough to see the blooms on them yet. That's still a few weeks away. I think today I'll go to the nursery and see what new planters they have. I have a couple of house plants that are due to be re-potted.


Yesterday I went for my yearly ladies appointment at the Dr. I have a new Dr. now. She is based out of the new health center in Independence. Centerpoint. I have never seen a doctors office that was so nice before. A friend referred me to them, and I am so happy she did. The Nurse practitioner that I saw was awesome. She took the time to get to know me. Did not speak to me in medical terms, and was very patient with me as I asked tons of questions regarding fertility, and best times to try for a baby. We are making progress. Brian and I are ready to tale the next step and try to start our family. I am so excited, and emotional about it. I never knew I would feel as open and thrilled at the possibility. But now that I am there, I cannot wait. I am sure our parents feel the same way. I know they are ready for another grandchild.


So keep posted. And keep us in your prayers!


It's been two weeks since I went to the emergency room with my husband, and was diagnosed with Bell's palsy. And I am happy to say that I am slowly getting back to normal. I can now blink my left eye, and am no longer having to tape my eye at night. I am still using eye drops through out the day to keep my eye lubricated, but it's feeling much better. My mouth is still a bit droopy, but I am starting to be able to move the left corner of my lips up to form an almost smile. YEAH!!! And there is no more pain radiating from the left side of my face. That I think is the best. It was sensitive to the touch for over a week but has now subsided. I am on the way back!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

The grandparents aren't the only ones excited at the prospect of more children in the family!!! :)
Your post is great. Love the Phoenix rising from the ashes. Progress must feel GREAT! We are still thinking of you!

Towanda said...

Katy,
Just now saw you new blog post and I am thrilled that you are making progress and getting back to normal with some of the symptoms subsiding. Normal? Isn't that a nice word?

Spring is arriving here too, and it's fun watching new little green leaves on the trees and the beginning of green on the perennial plants.

Oh, I anxiously await any news on the new baby front! I'm ready!!!!!