Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Jesus!



Today for me was a day of many emotions. Happiness, sadness, excitement, and remembrance. I think that the reason we truly celebrate Christmas has been lost due to the marketing ploys of many over the years. Today, when I woke up I said a short prayer. Happy Birthday to you Jesus, and Thank You to My Heavenly Father for giving me another day to tell my family how much they mean to me and how Blessed I am to have You and my family in my life.

Distance doesn't seem that far away when I hear my other set of parents voices in my ear. Or when I get to hear my niece telling me with such excitement about making snow angles with her Ba Ba. It almost makes me forget that they are hours away. I miss them terribly, and I hope my husband still had a nice holiday even though his family was not in his sights. Hopefully he feels just as loved by my parents as I do by his.

In two days my family and I will travel several hours away to put my grandfathers ashes in their final resting place. Once again his body will lay side be side to my grandmothers. It's been years, and I know how he longed to be with his partner. His favorite riding partner, his one true love. Gosh did those two make a great pair.
Please keep me and everyone else that you love and value in your hopes and prayers. Be sure to wish Jesus a HAPPY BIRTHDAY before you say good night and go to bed. And to all Merry Christmas!

No comments: