Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fresh Start

This last week has been both exciting and nerve racking. Bittersweet I think is the perfect way to describe it. Strating a new job can be tricky, but I thin kI am off to a good start.
On Monday I started my new job. It's still doing what I really enjoy, selling accessories, but on an ever bigger level than in the past. It's nice that there are so many people there that I have worked with prior to coming, and they have welcomed me back with open arms. One man I used to work with (that I was not ever really that close to) actually called me the other day and said "Katy I am so glad you are back... I heard it was a possibility but really I think this is great to work with you again". Ahh warms my heart! I have learned that friendships last, and that just because you don't see someone every day doesn't mean that they are not on your mind.
Now for the bitter... I work right next door to where I have walked in as an employee for the past three years. When I have built relationships with people... sometimes took a while, but still I thin we had some real friendships within the organization. Now to go to work every morning and not see those people, and not to hear them tell jokes, or stories... or complain about politics and KU stuff is kinda sad. Now I have to start that all over again. Not too mention that there are some people that started on this journey with me that I would rather not have to look at for another second of my life. People who rode in on coat-tails... that have no business sense, but just a name that used to mean something in the industry. HOW SAD! So I will keep my head up, missing those of you that I liked... and not missing the rest. Those of you who know you are important to me know who you are... keep your head up and you will find something. I AM SURE OF IT.
Today I spent the day with a dear friend. Had dinner with her and her little girl. Talked about someday having a baby of my own. The tick tock is getting louder... I pray that God lets us know when it is our time. And that when the time comes that Brian and I are ready. We will make great parents some day... just have to hit the snooze button for a little longer on that. Maybe in six months we will be ready. Never thought that I would want a baby so much... but seeing them and smelling them now adays really seems to get my soul stirring.

2 comments:

Towanda said...

Katy -- Just found your new post. I was very curious about your new job, so this brings me up to date. I know it is difficult to make huge changes like this, but you will do fine. And all of your customers will be so happy that you are still there for them.

Genney, Gary, Holley and Trenton said...

Hey girly! I am glad that it is a fairly easy transition for you over there, I wish I was around to share it with you, but you know...everything happens for a reason! I wish that we wouldnt have waited so long to get to know each other but, we made the friendship happen with everyone who tried not to, and that is all that matters. I miss ya! Maybe lunch someday soon?!