Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And the world came crashing down!



It's been no secret that the company I work for has been having many issues lately. Late on paying our suppliers, inability for the sales staff to order direct from suppliers, and just general lack of support from senior management. With that being said it still hit me like a ton of bricks when I found out yesterday that the company had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. THAT stinks! So here I am again, wondering what to do. On the one hand I could in all likely hood go and work for the company which is buying up all the assets of our company. Or I could leave the industry entirely, and try to go and make a living doing something completely new. So looks as though I have some soul searching to do.

While yesterday was a complete shock in my work life, home life was great. Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my marriage to Brian. This past year has just flown by. I really don't even know where it went. It seems like just yesterday he was asking me if I would marry him. What memories we have made, and I look ahead to many more years of memories to make. With all the buzz around about work, Brian and I still made time to go out for a nice dinner and just enjoy each others company. It's not too often we dress up to go out to dinner, but I wanted to look nice for my husband so I put on a dress before we went out. Yes that's right a dress. For those of you know know me you would know this is a rarity. I am a blue jeans and t-shirt kind of gal. But I like to dress up every now and then. No gifts were exchanged...just a card, and what was written inside meant more to me than any gift ever could. God I love that man!

So we are off to the start of year two... who knows what may be around the corner.

1 comment:

Towanda said...

Good grief Katy - what next??? I know everything will work out okay for you two, but geeze - do things have to be so complicated?

You are wondering what may be around the corner .. well, that would be John and I.. LOL. See you soon!