Friday, February 27, 2009

Changes are good!



So it has been so long since I have blogged about anything, I hope I still have the knack for it.

So the title of this segment is change...
Many things have changed for me in the last few months. New job, new friends, new haircut, new aspirations. Loss of some family, and friends. Loss of a job that was on a fast track to nowhere. Change isn't always easy, but things are bound to change so we all must deal with it. I don't have pictures of the new haircut yet.. I'll post them soon. As you know my hair has been l-o-n-g for most of my life... now I have a shoulder length bob, and I LOVE it. It's cute I think, plus my dad tells me I look younger with it. Not that I need that, but hey a fresh perspective is sometimes great!

I recently took on a project at home. PAINT the kitchen. It went from a kind of mossy green to a gorgeous deep Autumn orange. I wasn't really sure about it at first... but it has grown on me, and I think it makes the house feel even more warm. My sister tells me that I am nesting. I think she is probably right. She seems to know how these things work. We gals get to a point that our home is our joy, and decorating it recently has been mine. I think I might be a little obsessed with Home Depot and Lowe's now. Instead of going to the mall to look at stuff, I can spend hours in these stores. Making mental notes of the next project I want to try. Right now I am thinking counter tops. Who knows when it will happen, but little things like that can really make an old kitchen look new.

My new job at K is going really well. I seem to be much more busy there, which is odd because my customer list is so much smaller. Different pace there I guess. It doesn't really do you any good to answer every call since you only get paid based off of your accounts... but it does seem to make the time pass by faster. It's odd being back with so many of the people I used to work with. Comforting at times, yet sometimes we have moments when we say "hey remember when (so and so) did this," Brings us to the fact that some of our friends are no longer here with us. We were tight at Reliable. One big room we were all within 30 feet of each other. We went through divorces, marriages, babies and death together. The bond is still there just a little less strong now. Still it feels like home. I have made a few new friends too. Being that I am one of only two girls (AGAIN) in the sales room, the friends I have made are men. Mostly my age or a couple of years above or below. And one gentlemen, who is in the near future of retirement. The guys are a colorful mix of personalities. Makes lunch a fun time everyday hearing different stories and learning about everyone. It's nice to have friends that you can talk to who experience the same things as you.
Brian is doing well at work too. He really enjoys his new job which is great. I love seeing him excited about what he does again. I think the last place drained him, but now he has a spark back. It's good to see him happy. Also he has been able to get another dirk bike so that's great too! I really hoped he would after he sold his least one. It's good for him to have something to go and do with his friends, plus it keeps him really fit. Which we can all use help with right!
I hope you have enjoyed my update. Really I will try to write more than every couple of months. No promises, but I will try. Love to all of you.




1 comment:

Towanda said...

Katy - I love your "catching up" blog post!

I am anxious to see the new haircut! And I am SO HAPPY to hear that Brian was able to get another dirt bike.

The kitchen looks GREAT! I love the color! Way to go, you home remodeler!

I miss you!